Resources which Parents and Carers may find helpful when supporting your child online
· Advice for parents and carers from Childnet
· Tips, advice and guides for parents and carers from the UK Safer Internet Centre
· Guides on popular apps and games from NetAware
· Reviews and information about games, apps, TV shows and websites from Common Sense Media
· Help on using parental controls and privacy settings from Internet Matters
· Information and reporting of online grooming or abuse from CEOP
TOP 5 Online Safety TIPS
1. Treat your passwords like your toothbrush – keep it to yourself!
2. Never give out personal information about yourself such as your address, phone number, email, school, or full name.
3. Block the bully – tell an adult and save the evidence – don’t delete or shut down. Instead keep a record of what’s been said and don’t reply.
4. Anything that you post or upload can be there ‘forever’ so stop and THINK before you comment and send. Is it:
5. Always tell a trusted adult if something or someone online makes you feel worried.
Online Safety Guides for Parents
There is a copy of our Online safety policy on the Policies tab: